Monday 19 August 2013

Slow down

This morning on my way back from Cubelles -a town just down the coast from us -in the car I passed an old pony and trap ambling along the highway. How wonderful I said out loud to myself, to travel slowly and see the world. This immediately threw me straight back to the Way. 

One of the great things about walking the Caminos for me is the pace. Living life more slowly allows me to think and to see the world as we pass each other. 

 I love walking the ways in northern Spain and seeing the beautiful countryside, and the ways that the Camino adds to it.

 

I love smelling the variety of smells from the delicate flowers (this year Jane was honeysuckle obsessed) to the less pleasant smells of nature, but nonetheless remind me what my nose is for. 

 I love to stop a while and watch and admire the wild, and domestic animals that fill the sides of the way.



Taking time to enjoy the company of new friends is something we (I) don't always allow ourselves in the rush of our daily lives. On the Camino meeting and finding out about each other is all part of the amazing experience.

Living life at an easier pace is one of the things that drags me (happily) back to the Camino year after year, and now as I rush round it's something that I am truly missing.


And to help me remember to slow down and make the morning last... in fact the lyrics fit the Camino quite well too-...


No comments:

Post a Comment