Monday 15 July 2013

Soundtrack to the Camino



I've never walked the Camino whilst listening to music preferring to listen to the music of the birds, and the silence of the wildlands broken by the bees and my feet scrunching on the gravel paths below them. This is my soundtrack to the Camino  -Nature. 

The film 'The Way' had some interesting tracks on its soundtrack - but like I didn't find the film to be my experience of the way (gypsy weddings?!), nor did I find the soundtrack compatible to my experience either, although there was one James Taylor track on there which I did enjoy!  

In 2010 when we walked the Camino Frances Sussi (the Crazy Finn) played us an inspirational track by Dana Winner - The Conquest of Paradise (music by Vangelis) -This has always evoked the Camino for me with its inspirational lyrics and haunting tune.

Before we left home to walk the Ingles this year I woke the house with this tune. I cannot listen to it without a tear in my eye - such memories evoked -and thoughts of wonderful times on the Way



2 comments:

  1. Yes, one of my favorite of Vangelis, only had heard soundtrack before, I love the lyrics. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Ingrid. The lyrics are quite inspirational.

      Delete