Tuesday 28 May 2013

21 Days to go

It is now just TWENTY ONE  DAYS before we set off on our next adventure - The Camino Ingles, followed directly by the Camino to Finisterre. 

How excited am I? Well excited enough to be making even more typos than usual as my fingers dance over the keys as I write this. 

So 'how are the preparations coming along?' I need to ask myself. Hmmm -I have to say that this year I am very relaxed about it all.

The flights from Barcelona to A Coruña were booked ages ago. From there we will get a bus to Ferrol, no worries there then. In Ferrol we have a small hotel booked already, where we will stay overnight before setting off at the crack of dawn in twenty two days time...

I bought new trainers before Christmas and have pretty much broken them in. They are exactly the same model as I wore on the previous three Caminos. New socks are in the wardrobe (not to self to wash them before going  - don't want too new)



Our Credentials have arrived at Jane's place, as have specially designed T-shirts and a cap for me- lacking a full head of hair I need extra protection from the sun. 

I've pulled my rucksack out a couple of times to check what I left in the pockets last year - pegs and safety pins (all important for drying wet clothes), a piece of string (well you never know?), some old receipts (now binned), my sleeping bag (not to self to air it before the big day) and assorted other odds and ends.

I have walked a bit for training purposes, in and around VnG, but probably not as much as I could have- still three weeks to do some more...

Me, taking a break as I walk along the coast to Sitges
 The coast walk from here to Sitges is beautiful and great preparation for the Camino

I'm still in two minds about sticks or poles (thank you to everyone who commented on my posts on Facebook), but am thinking of buying a cheap pair to put in my rucksack and see how it goes. 

Got a new phone so I can blog on the way- Have you signed up / joined the blog followers so you get first hand news of our adventures? - and a fairly new camera. So that's technolgy taken care of. 

I've printed off the guides from CSJ. I must take a look at them before we set off. May just upload the PDF to my phone actually -lighter and just as accessible. 

So far so good. As I think of anything else I'll add it to my list, ahh now there's a thought time to make another list.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment