Thursday 30 May 2013

Camino Magic kicking in...

Well it seems the old Camino magic is starting to kick in again for me.  Just on Monday I was wondering about getting a pedometer to see how far I'm walking every day, and to maybe do a longer walk at the weekend and keep an eye on my progress.

Later in the afternoon on Facebook Kerri (one of the Ingles three this year) posted about her and Janey's walk with a picture of an app on her phone which is ... yes a pedometer. I've since downloaded and this morning tried to give it a go but lost the stats as soon as I exited the programme -I shall try it out again later. 


Then on Tuesday morning after reading another interesting blog called the Third Chapter, being written about the Camino by someone who is starting this week I was thinking about lightening my backpack. The blog I had been reading was about the woman's preparation and how she cut down on the items she is going to be carrying. 

My mind turned to my sleeping bag, and I decided that I would check online for a liner, which would do the job but be much lighter. When I got home Tony said Janey had called and would call again later as she was ordering herself a fleece liner and did I want her to order me one too... Camino Magic in action for sure.

So hopefully I'll be able to keep an eye on my progress as I step up my walking training, and I'll stay warm on the Camino at night with my new fleece liner... 


No comments:

Post a Comment