Wednesday 15 May 2013

Camino Magic

From our very first day on the Camino France, back in 2010 as we climbed the Pyrenees we knew Magic was afoot. 

The first sights we saw that morning were breathtaking as the sun started to rise showing us the wonder that was all around us. The mist in the valleys with peaks rising above look spectacular, and this was just the start. 


Daily we saw things that excited and amazed our senses. And of course some days were more special than others.

On each of the Caminos I have walked I have had days of wonder, days of Magic. On the Camino Frances walking through the forests from Villafranca de Montes de Oca was a special time. The forests had such energy and I could almost feel my very being vibrating as we walked through them. It almost felt as we were being drawn along that day. Ending our walk in Ages that night I guessed that we were being drawn to this tiny hamlet.

Ages between Belorado and Burgos, for me, was an incredible place. It was truly magical. From the moment we arrived there I felt uplifted and energised. Incredibly I found I was able to read without my glasses whilst we were there. Something I hadn't done before for a long time, nor have done since. 

On the Camino Portugues we found similar pockets of intense energy, and the place that sticks in my mind most was Padron. Visiting the hill behind the albergue the evening we stayed there I became supercharged with energy to such a degree that others thought I was running a temperature. The heat coming off my body was real, and lasted well into the next day when we started out again. That evening we had a Quemada, another kind of Camino Magic.


Last year on the Camino Primitivo I found magic too. This time it was whilst walking up one of the steepest parts of the walk. Guided by a small herd of cows initially, I walked untroubled by anything. My step was light and the air was filled with a certain something that is hard to describe, magic really doesn't capture that feeling. 

If you'd like to read more about the magic we found on the Camino Frances it's all described in my bestselling book (click the title or the cover to go to my Lulu store):

available in paperback, E-book and even in Spanish. 


2 comments:

  1. It makes me feel so excited to read this and bring back all our amazing memories, I really can't wait to get back on the Camino again and see what magic we meet on the way .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. With the three of us being 'reiki-attuned, we could be in for some Magical times again.
      Just writing this blog-post raised my energy!

      Delete