Sunday 23 June 2013

Bruma to Sigueiro

Last night in the albergue was very toasty with the heating on full blast all night.
Dinner was a bit of a catastrophe as the salad arrived with tuna atop it despite my precise no meat no fish instructions. 'It's just tuna" came the reply until I told them I couldn't eat it without vomiting.  They suggested taking the tuna off the top. Same response from me. Hospitalero apologised profusely and sent taxi man off to get replacement. 
The road today was just that for a lot of the way..hard tarmac road - and hard on my feet. I had to stop for a while and rub in some volterol cream to get me to Sigueiro.  My left foot arch is just a tad painful. Apart from that it was a pretty easy 24 kilometres.  Animal friends have been in abundance today- from rabbits to huge dogs. All friendly.
We've seen the Italian girls a lot today which has been  great. They're going a bit further tonight but hopefully we'll see them in Santiago tomorrow.
We are now checked into the Miras hostel which as reported in the guides is basic but will be fine for the night. The welcome wasn't particularly friendly but then again they were busy serving lunch.
The town looks interesting enough and we're off out to explore in a minute or two.  Hopefully we'll find somewhere that serves some good veggie style grub too. All I've had for days is egg of one sort or another.
Ah the lot of a Pilgrim.
Happy Sunday from the Camino Ingles.  Xx

2 comments:

  1. I am so blessed I have no food challenges... not sure how you do it. I guess the saying "the Camino provides" comes with a few detours. Ultreia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no way I could eat another living creature so it's not that difficult really. As for the Camino providing...it provides me with a chance to be grateful for the food I do have and to lose a bit of weight.

      Delete