Sunday 16 June 2013

Camino memories

and souvenirs... 

In my mind I carry a whole headful of Camino memories, which can pop up at any given moment -I only have to hear something, smell something or see something reminiscent of my time on the Camino an I am almost there again so strong are some of the memories. after walking the Camino Frances the Camino was imprinted on me so deeply it is something I shall never be able to shake off, nor ever want to. 

Of course I also have a PC laden with photos of the Caminos I have done, many of which I'v shared on her adn Facebook and other sites. Other people's photographs are my memories too. I only have to see a familiar place on almost any site, or even on the TV and I am there gain enjoying the expeiernce. 


Then there are the array of badges I have been collecting as I wander the way. Unfortunately some of them were on my cap and thus lost when I left it on a bench towards the end of the Camino Frances .

I also carry a permanent reminder of my days on the Camino Frances etched on my ankle. 
When we got to Santiago, having walked the 800 or so kilometres we (my sister in law, Jane and I) wanted to have a permanent record of our achievement and got ourselves tattoos on our ankles: 
I also decided to turn my journal into a permanent memory too and made it into a book recording our experiences. This for me was another incredible achievement. 



If you'd like a copy it's available at

                             http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/HouseofTulstig 
in e-book format or paperback. For the month of June 50% of all proceeds are going to the Epilepsy charity for which Jane and Kerri and walking this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment