Monday 17 June 2013

Packing

With just two days before we set out on the Camino Ingles I have got round to sorting out what I want to take with me. 

Ever since our first foray onto the Camino Frances I have understood the importance of packing sparsely and only taking what I really need. Carrying my home on my back for a couple of weeks I will only be taking the essentials  Each year I seem to be able to pare this down a little more each time.

Our first year climbing over the Pyrenees with heavy rucksacks I cursed the fact that I had brought so much, although in reality I hadn't. In Roncesvalles though we both dropped off the special water bottles we were carrying in favour of a plastic one (which incidentally went all the way with me, filling up daily) and a few other necessary bits and pieces.

This year I think my rucksack will be the lightest ever - no sleeping bag this year -just a fleecy liner. Everything else seems to fit in much easier.  My list of essentail items is quite small, thankfully, and I'm more or less ready to go.

Photo: Packing

Tomorrow Jane and Kerri arrive from Blighty, and Wednesday morning we will be off to Barcelona airport, thanks to Julie, for our flight to A Coruña ...excited --- oh yes, just a little bit... 

2 comments:

  1. Mark, I think it is still cold raining in Galicia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie. I've checked the weather forecast, and yes it's cooler than here in VnG, but supposed to be warming up towards the weekend and into next week. Won't want it too warm when we're walking, and we've all got wet weather gear.

    ReplyDelete