Sunday 30 June 2013

Staying in Santiago.

When arriving in Santiago there are a whole host of places to stay, whatever your budget or need. This is clear from just a few moments of wandering around the city.

For the last three years I have stayed in one of the properties of Fina Castro Riveiro.

Her properties are very central,  well maintained and clean. On arrival in Santiago I usually give her a quick call telling her how many of us there are and arrange to meet in Placa Cervantes, just up the hill from the Cathedral.  She then leads the way to a suitable flat.

This time we are in a three-bedded room with ensuite shower room. It's part of a larger flat and we have access to a well equipped kitchen. 

Fina presently charges 15 euros a night per person ( this has been the same for the last three years). The price includes a bed with sheets and blankets, towels in abundance and even shower gel in the bathrooms. 

Fina is a lovely friendly woman. She speaks only Spanish but gets by well with most nationalities. She will do all she can to make your stay comfortable.  This evening she has even arranged a taxi pick up for us outside the door for the morning to take us to the airport for our flight back to BCN.

If you're planning to arrive in Santiago soon and would like to stay in one of Fina's places leave me a comment and I can let you have her phone number and email address. 

2 comments:

  1. Mark, I am interested in how to contact Fina about a room. I may be going to Santiago this Autumn and her service sounds quite useful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard if you e-mail me on tulstig33 AT gmail.com - I'll send you her details.
      Her places are really comfortable and central, and she is really helpful, as I said.

      Delete