Saturday 1 June 2013

Why walk the Camino?

Everyone has their reason for walking the Camino, each of us having a slightly different take on things.
In 2010 when I planned to set out on my first Camino -The Camino Frances  -I was asked many times why. I didn't have a concrete answer. All I knew was that the Camino was calling me. Over a period of a couple of weeks I got a series of messages at odd times or places putting the Camino firmly in my head. 



Since then I have been doing the Camino because - I have to, I need to -it's rooted deeply inside me now, I am addicted. 

Many times I have been asked "Are you doing it for charity?". My answer has always been "No, I am doing it for me." Maybe a little selfish but there you have it. I walk the Camino for my own benefit. It is like going on retreat, rebalancing my head and body, getting a little (ha ha) exercise.

This year is slightly different as Jane and Kerri, my walking companions have decided, after being asked the charity question many times, that they will take donations, and as well as having a just giving page are getting a collection organised at their local pub (where else?!) - The Fox, in Smalldole, Henfield



A short time back Jane's niece was diagnosed with Epilepsy, so they are walking for 'Young Epilepsy' and have a just giving page HERE. So if you'd like to help them on their way pop over and donate whatever you can afford.

To help boost their coffers I am also giving 50% of the proceeds of whatever my books' sales are for June. These can be bought at The House of TulStig Bookshop on Lulu.com  - The Magic of the Camino, specifically about our walk in 2010 is available in paperback, E-book and even in Spanish.  Copies are also available direct from me (signed if you'd like) or from Janey in the UK. 


2 comments:

  1. Mark thank you so much for your help putting the word out there and doing 50% of your books xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Old thing, let's just hope people get their hands in their pockets...

      Delete