Monday 10 June 2013

Cute Camino Cats

Every dog has its day .... So what about the Camino Cats. ON each of the Caminos I have walked I've met sum of the cutest of cats. Not all of them have appeared to be living in optimum conditions and leaving some of them behind was heart-wrenching, especially as I am sure they will not have survived the winter following. 

But Just wanted to say to each and every one of the cats that graced my journey with their beautiful presence- Thank you. X

Here are just a few of them: 

FRANCES 2010
These two wanted to share our breakfasts, and I must say that they had all the cheese out of my bocadillo that morning.


Another cat another sandwich - this one was so friendly and even let me stroke and pet him

This cheeky chappie we met in Ganzo. He walked part of the road with us, delighted with our company.
 In Manjarin there were several kitten playing around the sign. Such energy and a wonderful sight to watch

 These rascals were playing in and out of the back of this van.
 And this little man got plenty of loving from many of the passing pilgrims
 whilst this family, a little further down the road were content to play in the drain.

PORTUGUESE 2011
Sleeping high a wall we were a little concerned for this one's welfare, but needn't have worried a few moments later he woke and stretched.
 This one lived in the grounds of the albergue at Pontevedra  - If anyone has passed that way recently or is about to pass that way let us know if he's still around. 
 PRIMITIVO
This young man insisted I tickled his tummy before moving on, then promptly scratched and bit me -proving the Camino cats to be more dangerous than the dogs!
 and this one just wanted to sniff my feet (??!!) 

With four at home, that I miss dearly whilst I am away, I am grateful to encounter these furry fellows on my travels, and if by sharing my rations with them i improve their lot then even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment